General Data Protection Regulation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is EU regulation focusing on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.
What is GDPR ?
The GDPR aims primarily to give control back to individuals over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for businesses.
When the GDPR takes effect, it will replace the 1995 Data Protection Directive.
GDPR comes with strict data protection compliance with severe penalties of up to 4% of a firm’s turnover.
When does GPDR take effect ?
GDPR goes live on the 25th of May 2018.
How can Document Messenger help you comply with GPDR ?
Even before the advent of GDPR, it’s fair to say the FCA would expect firms to take the necessary steps to ensure communications between firms and clients are secure.
To be able to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR, firms should implement measures, to safeguard client’s data.
Under GDPR, the data controller is under a legal obligation to notify the supervisory authority without undue delay (unless the breach is unlikely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of the individuals.)
There is a maximum of 72 hours after becoming aware of the data breach to make the report.
Individuals have to be notified if adverse impact is determined.
However, the notice to data subjects is not required if the data controller has implemented appropriate technical and organisational protection measures that render the personal data unintelligible to any person who is not authorised to access it, such as encryption.
Document Messenger is a fully encrypted message & document transfer system and provides you with the essential confidence when corresponding with your clients online.
Why use Document Messenger ?
- Simple solution. No need to download software.
- Each firm has their own branded portal.
- Mobile friendly. Available on desktop, phone and tablet.
- Easy to setup staff and clients.
- UK based with a background in Financial Services.
- No need to change or amend existing email solution.
- One time password for users and clients.
- Email friendly messages with 'drag & drop' documents.
- Scalable. Available for single user up to 1000+ users.
- Prices from as little as £4 per month, per staff member.
- Free for clients to use.
How do I find out more or place an order ?
Please contact us and one of our team with be in touch.